Virtual Supports have opened up a new channel of accessing a range of different services for individuals. Now, participants can access services that were normally out of reach due to travel, cost, or other circumstances.
Virtual Sessions might seem daunting, but with a simple plan and understanding of how virtual sessions run, you can have a successful and rewarding time with your support professional.
The first step is to decide if this service can be delivered virtually. Services such as hands on personal care or domestic cannot be delivered virtually. However, most services can, even Allied Health supports such as Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy can be delivered through a video session.
- List down all the services and interests you want to explore but havent had the opportunity to yet. Is there a certain skill you want to learn or service that was always too far away to get to? Now you can begin engaging a wider range of individuals to help you grow.
- What are you looking to achieve from this session? Do you want to chat with someone, or is there a specific task you would like to achieve by the end of the session? If doing a movement/physical activity, is there a particular part of the body you would like to work?
Being specific or having an achievable task or goal gives direction to both your and the Support Professional and helps guide how the session should run.
When you are ready for your session, you do not have to download any extra software and there are a few simple steps to access the virtual room.
- Ensure you are in a quiet space where you can focus.
- Login to your tappON account on your preferred device.
- There will be a highlighted banner at the top asking you to head to the virtual room.
- Follow this link, and your support professional will be waiting for you to begin the session.
- After the session, write down a list of things you didn’t achieve, or want to address next session.
Virtual sessions are a great way to explore new services, meet new people and explore new hobbies or interests.
We have seen tappON clients try counselling, art therapy, guitar lessons, and more through virtual sessions.
If you would like to arrange a virtual session, our team is here to help! You can inquire or book a session here.