This chicken schnitzel sandwich recipe is simple and easy to make! If you need a quick and healthy option for lunch or dinner then this recipe is a great option.
- crumbed chicken breast (store-bought) or crumb your own chicken breast
- 1 Red Tomato
- 2 Slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 slices of toasted bread
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Start by heating a frying pan on the stove to a medium heat add the oil and place chicken away from you into the pan season with salt and pepper and fry for 4 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken breast.
- While the chicken is cooking place 2 slices of bread in the toaster and toast to your liking. Slice the tomato and break off some lettuce leaves (don’t forget to give them a wash) and place to the side.
- Flip the chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes, once cooked place on some paper towel to drain excess oil and rest the chicken.
- Place the lettuce down on the toast then the cheese, dollop the mayonnaise next then place your chicken schnitzel and finish with the tomato.
It’s so easy and you can eat it right away or pack away and keep refrigerated for a meal later on.
If you’re looking to learn some new skills in the kitchen and gain some independence, hire a tappON Support Professional and get cooking! Sign up to search for domestic support, contact tappON concierge service at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the contact page and request more information.
Recipe developed by Daniel Hillyer