The NDIA has released an updated NDIS Price Guide and these changes will be effective from 1st July 2019. This means that prices of supports may go up, and other changes may be made as to how you can spend your NDIS funding.
Key updates effective 1 July 2019 include:
- general price increases and specific increases for therapists, attendant care and community participation;
- the introduction of a Temporary Transformation Payment (TTP);
- increases to remote and very remote loadings;
- updates to travel, non- face-to-face services and cancellation billing policies;
- updates to Assistive Technology and Home Modifications;
Major Updates to NDIS Policy
These changes can be a little confusing and may or may not related to your specific case. We read through the changes in the NDIS price guide and broke down the key updates you should know about.
- The NDIS website says funding in participant plans will be automatically adjusted from 1 July to reflect changes to the recent price increases for therapy, attendant care and community participation.
- The Prices can now be found within the “Support Catalogue” is nationally applicable. Differing rates still apply for Remote and Very Remote Areas
- Increases to provider travel claim to 30 minutes in city areas and 60 minutes in regional areas
- Hourly rate for non-face-to-face care activities conducted on behalf of the participant.
You can also expect an increase in hourly rates across therapy, attendant care and community participation – the basic increases are as follows:
- Domestic Cleaning – $49.16
- Yard Maintenance – $48.28
- Personal Care (daytime weekly) – $52.85
- Personal Care (Saturday) – $72.69
- Personal Care (Sunday) – $94.52
- Social Support into the Community – $52.85
Above are prices are for the National Non-Remote areas in which tappON operates. You can find out more about what prices have risen in the Support Catalogue Found here.
As always, on tappON, you can agree to pay whatever rate you’re comfortable with and can negotiate directly with your Support Professional. If you want to know more about how to best maximise your NDIS funds, book in a free consultation with the team today at firstname.lastname@example.org.