There are some upcoming change in LAC organisations. The NDIA has just renegotiated the contracts for Local Area Coordinators across New South Wales, which means some regions may see a new LAC organisation and some may stay the same.
The NDIA has released the organisations which have been successful. The new LAC’s will begin the transition right away, with the final handover being made on 1st of July 2020, except for Southern West Sydney and Sydney regions, the final handover will be on the 1st of October 2020.
The following organisations will now be the new LAC organisations.
- Northern Rivers Social Development Council Ltd trading as Social Futures – Service areas: Central Coast, Far West, Northern NSW, Western NSW
- Uniting (NSW) – Service areas: Hunter New England, Illawarra Shoalhaven, Nepean Blue Mountains, North Sydney, Southern NSW, Western Sydney
- Mid Coast Communities Ltd trading as Blue Sky – Service areas: Mid North Coast
- Intereach Limited – Service areas: Murrumbidgee
- Settlement Services International (SSI) – Service areas: South Western Sydney, Sydney
- Latrobe Community Health Services – Service area: South Eastern Sydney services.
What does a change in LAC mean?
This now means some participants within NSW will have a new Local Area Coordinator. If this is the case for you, your new LAC will be in touch to introduce themselves.
Some LAC’s may remain the same and transition into new organisation.
It’s important to get to know your LAC as they are the main point of contact between yourself and the NDIA and can help you navigate through any issues, concerns or questions.
The media release from the NDIA can be found here:https://www.ndis.gov.au/news/4755-400-million-frontline-ndis-services-nswIf you need help locating your LAC, contact the tappON team for more assistance.