A Change in Circumstances occurs when a significant change in your life happens and you need your NDIS funding to be updated.
It’s important to inform the NDIA when you have a substantial change in circumstances.
These changes may include;
- Disability support needs – There is a change in the supports that you require such as needing more support. A new diagnosis that requires additional support can also include this.
- Informal Support Arrangements – when you lose an informal support member or they can no longer assist you.
- Changes to compensation status – If you apply for, begin to receive or are suddenly entitled to some compensation for injury
- Changes to your living arrangements – If you move house, or out of home, into residential accommodation or move overseas.
If any of the above happens to you, need to submit a Change in Circumstances form. This is essential to ensure that the NDIA is aware of your circumstances and can ensure you are receiving the correct level of funding and supports required.
A Change of Circumstances form doesn’t always trigger a Plan Review or change in funding level.
It’s important that the NDIS is aware of changes as if you continue to receive funding for supports you no longer require. They may request you refund that money however change in circumstances can also result in receiving needed additional funding.
Once you have submitted your form the NDIA has 14 days to decide if they would like to initiate a review of your Plan
So, how do you submit a Change in Circumstances form?
There are 3 ways to submit your form.
You can access the form here:
You can submit this form to the NDIA by
- In writing either by mail or email.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: NDIA, GPO Box 700, Canberra ACT 2601
- By Phone on 1800 800 110 or TTY: Ph. 1800 555 677 and ask for 1800 800 110 or your local office. For Speak and Listen (speech to speech relay): Ph. 1800 555 727 and ask for 1800 800 110 or your local office.
- In-person by Visiting your local NDIA office
For more information on Changes of Circumstances, you can speak with a tappON team member for further information. Alternatively visit our contact page to find out more.